Extreme-Rose Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ExtremeROSE DEV Application Process [Open]

5 posters

Go down

ExtremeROSE DEV Application Process [Open]   Empty ExtremeROSE DEV Application Process [Open]

Post by Kaai Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:16 pm

Dear players,

I'm glad to be announcing that myself and Makaveli have both had talks and have come to an agreement that we will be looking for another [DEV] alongside me so that we can work on getting these bugs fixed much faster. I'm currently studying Programming from home and can't always be at my PC working on bugs, but when i do get the chance i am. So i can proudly say we will be looking for someone who is experienced and does understand how to be able to code in C++ quite fluently.

This thread will ONLY be for applications only, and please make sure that if you are applying you are being serious and please be aware that this will take a lot of your free time up as there is alot of stuff to be fixed and added to game.

Below is the application i will be asking you to fill out. Please give a detailed description.

Nickname: [Your nickname]
Timezone / Country of residence: [Provide the timezone you live in]
Experience: [Years of experience in ROSE online, other experiences in games. etc]
Introduce yourself: [Tell us something about yourself, interests/hobbies/anything]
Why do you think i should choose you?:
How long have you been coding for?
Could you give me a brief description of anything you have developed?

Applicants that i think would suite the job will be added via skype and we will have a chat before hand to go through a few things and i'd like to ask you more questions just to be certain that we have chose the right candidate.

Thanks for reading and good luck with you your applications.

Kaai

Back to top Go down

ExtremeROSE DEV Application Process [Open]   Empty Re: ExtremeROSE DEV Application Process [Open]

Post by sirice Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:56 pm

Just a note... should ask if they an Server Side or Client side type dev as well as Content is also important also hard to come by an real client developer. I say this cause some client dev wont know a lot of C++ but should have an understanding of it.

Client Dev
Models, Animation, Effects, Game Data, UI/Imagery, New systems, Ect.

Server Dev

C#/C++ environment for the OS-Rose Type server files ect (Cant ask me for OS-rose as i never touch it)

Your not really a client dev if:
*You can change STB files only.
*Know how to Just add an item in the client.
*GFX only (load screens, UI, Ect)

sirice

Back to top Go down

ExtremeROSE DEV Application Process [Open]   Empty Re: ExtremeROSE DEV Application Process [Open]

Post by Fiona Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:16 pm

definite thats correct sirice XD ...
Fiona
Fiona

Back to top Go down

Post by fawkeslinux Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:34 am

hmm...
fawkeslinux
fawkeslinux

http://pirate-soft-exchange.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fawkeslinux Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:58 am

hmm....
@sirice(y)
u didnt get me as GM.. T.T
it is ok
ignore my application... but u get some player that dont have any knowledge in handle some any add or develope new in server game...
no vacant for GM..
can i apply a client dev?
fawkeslinux
fawkeslinux

http://pirate-soft-exchange.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sirice Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:16 am

no Vacant ++ still sorting new staff
In till there higher Player counts I don't believe there be a Increase in GM positions... no need for 15 GM if there only 30 online....

Dev will be Evaluated by me, Kaai & Maka.
you need all 3 of us to agree before taking you on board.
submit an application... more ability you can provide proof to the better for your application... Screenshots or send an PM with any files you believe to be worthy.

CLIENT applications I am harsh on as I am an client type dev.
I don't accept simple STB changes and new images as a dev... that's just a modder.

sirice

Back to top Go down

Post by Takumi Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:39 am

Too bad I forgot C++ a long time ago XD and not much with VB6 either.

Takumi

Back to top Go down

Post by sirice Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:06 pm

yeah but its never fully forgotten... after few mess around scripts you get your bearings again.

sirice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down